What is Google Adwords /Pay Per Click (PPC)?
Pay Per Click (PPC) is an online business model, in which advertisers pay some amount of fee to the website owner(publisher), on which advertisement is displayed.
Simply, the advertisement can be displayed either on any of the search engine (like google, bing, yahoo) or else on any particular website.
What is Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising / Marketing?
It is part of digital marketing and a paid search engine service, in which advertisers generates clicks on their website, via using search engines.
While searching on Google, it shows two types of results – Organic Traffic and Inorganic Traffic. Organic search results are, automatically generated by Google and is a free traffic and Inorganic search results are paid advertising results.
What are Google AdWords keywords?
Keywords in AdWords are the words and phrases that advertisers bid on, in hopes that their advertisements will appear on the search engine results page (SERP) when people are searching for those products or services.
For example, if you sell shoes online, you might bid on keywords like “Nike sneakers” and “penny loafers.” Keyword research is the process of using tools and data to determine which keywords are most likely to drive relevant traffic to your ads and your site.
Campaigns Types for Online Advertising –
1. Search Advertising Only
2. Display Advertising Only
3. Search with Display Advertising
4. E-Commerce (Shopping)
5. International Advertising
6. Local Advertising
8. Video Advertising
Campaign (Search and Display) Optimization and Tracking the Performance (leads conversion) are major parts of Pay Per Click Advertising, which only be handled by industry experts and an experienced professional
The Benefits of Google AdWords
Google AdWords is paid advertising or pay per click (PPC) advertising on Google. The way it works is simple:
· People use keywords (or search terms) to search for specific products and services
· If the keywords you’ve chosen match what people search for, your paid ad appears next to or above organic Google search results
· When people click on your ad, they’ll go to your website to learn more or buy
The best way to market your business, and in this blog, I’ve listed the top four:-
1. Highly Targeted – Google AdWords’ targeting capabilities are quite sophisticated and provide advertisers various channels in which to fine-tune their campaign. It Includes – Location Targeting, Mobile Targeting, Language Targeting and Time Targeting.
2. Google remarketing – Also known as retargeting, has been chastised in the media for the excessive frequency and poor targeting of the ads.
Retargeting involves showing paid ads to users based on their past web activity on your site. Remarketing allows advertisers to follow users and show ads to them across Google’s large network of partner sites on the Google Display Network.
3. Measurable – With Google AdWords, every single aspect of your marketing campaign is measurable, right down to the number of clicks, number of impressions, click through rate (CTR), number of conversions, conversion rate, cost per click (CPC), cost per acquisition (CPA), etc. It’s very easy to measure your return on investment (ROI).
4. Cost Effective – One of Google AdWords’ primary benefits is that it’s extremely cost-effective. You only pay when someone clicks on your ad (i.e. you pay per click) and you determine exactly how much you want to spend.
Advertise on Google, But How?
Dr. Menka Yuvraj analyzed tons of Google AdWords accounts from all over the world, in all sorts of industries.
Now it must be clear for you, what is Google Adwords? The easiest way to see how you’re doing at Google PPC is to benchmark your PPC performance against similar advertisers in your industry and spend range.
Thankfully, Fortune Digital India got a free tool for that.