For the beginners, it is essential to look for the best blogging platforms for making money online and that is super easy to work with.
It’s important to choose the best blogging platforms to achieve a successful blog. In this way, you can choose the best website builder in 2018.
However, you need to understand properly that the website builder you are going to choose must be capable of managing your needs as your business grows and make money online.
For the beginner, it is essential to look for a blogging platform that is comfortable to work with. With time your blog will have its growth and that time you need to grow your audience, this includes the updating look of your site and adding more feature to it.
Therefore, it’s crucial to opt for a flexible platform with space for its ongoing growth. Being very cautious while choosing the best platform because it becomes hard to switch to a different one.
Best blogging platforms to use to make money online for beginners and advanced bloggers.
This is one of the top blogging platforms and one of the best website builders to choose, that is used by millions of the people includes both beginners and experienced. There are two versions available One is wordpress.com and another one is wordpress.org. The most important feature of this blogging platform is an Open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress.com
For proper functioning, it requires installation on a web server with either international service hosting or a network host.
WordPress is successful as it powers over a fifth of the internet. The reason behinds this success as you can create blogs free at any place can include a lot of customization to it. WordPress.org.
WordPress is one of the best and free options for those who are eager to get power and usability.
Popularity and importance of WordPress.
This enables you to create a self-hosting blog using your own server and domain on wordpress.org.
Main goal WordPress for users it offers to make money from blogging, offering freelance services and turning your blog into a business for this you need to pay your web hosting.
Once you are a successful blogger have the opportunity to earn a solid income from blogging. To achieve this thing you need to create a self-hosted blog that needs some investment.
Pros and cons
- It is Flexible, allows to run blogs, e-commerce website to sell products.etc
- Has a vast range of customization tools, helps to create customized themes and creating a plugin.
- WordPress is free, all is you need to pay for its server and domain,
- Host in your own server requires long-term investment in domains and hosting.
- There are times when we need coding for customization, It becomes a little incontinent.
This is a free blog publishing service provider and also a good website builder for small business owners, introduced in Google in 2003. It is simple to use and popular as well.
This is a decent way of blogging, it only requires to sign in with your Google ID and you can own your blog and run it. This site also enables the user to customize new themes and create a different one.
Pros and cons
- Easy to use and requires no technical skills.
- Allows to safely storing thousands of post and photos safely.
- Has a large and secure platform and reliability.
- Limited to basic blogging tools.
- Has limited design and fewer templates available.
- Does not receive an update or new feature.
- Google can any time cancel your blog or suspends service.
Ranked 2nd blogging platforms. Hubpages are user-generated content and revenue sharing website. These blogging platforms allow you to publish an article that is easily customizable according to user requirement on the website. After finishing the writing work on your hub pages you can install your Adsense Id.
This way user can begin sharing revenue with a self-created content of hubpages. Adding Good Keyword helps to generate traffic towards the hubpages.
To get started user need to signup, create your hubpages and sign up Adsense account ID and then add it to hubpages. Keyword searching is a good feature to generate traffic towards hubpages.
Pros and cons
- This blogging platform is free.
- It is a search engine friendly platform.
- These platforms enable a good customer support.
- Hub pages don’t control blog. It also used for revenue and sharing content for the user to earn.
- Consists too many ads.
- Not a good choice for professional bloggers.
These hubpages are free for users. All users need to sign up with Hubpages
Medium is considered the best online blogging platforms because it’s easy for the users to work on it. This blogging platform enables several options for formatting and editing.
A medium has featured for importing tools, has import story option. This platform has a built-in audience with no efforts. The medium profile can be linked to facebook and twitter as well.
Here are some pros and cons:
- Easy to use and doesn’t require any installation or coding skills.
- Enables the user to reach an online community of people with common interests.
- Focus on writing instead of designing a website.
- It’s free and easy to use;
- Medium owns the audience you have, if in any case, the user loses their blog, they lose their followers too;
- Impossible to run ads for promotions.;
- Limited feature for designing.
Blogging with the LinkedIn pulse is the win for businesses. This link in the platform is better for the users those who are interested in building for good online reputation, increases credibility.
Reaches to a larger audience, publishing blogs on social media platforms. Users share the self-published content right to the audience.
Linked can create and publish their own content and followers.
Pros and cons
- Makes a good connection with the h audience
- Engage customers through useful content.
- While we signup in linked Pulse the, user need to set up a content calendar.
- This keeps all blogs and articles in n organized manner
- Targeting content to your main audience the, LinkedIn pulse doesn’t provide proper benefits the o user.
Writers are turned off by sheer weight content published there.
Weebly is a web-hosting service and easy to use website builder platform. Provides free blogging templates. Designing is made easy by drag and drop feature, which allows the user to create new pages easily.
Good for bloggers as it provides, user access to various layouts that are easy to customize, free themes, and sharing features.
Pros and Cons of Weebly:
- Easy to use and doesn’t require technical skills.
- Provides option to test the services before buying them.
- Contains many kinds of templates, and themes.
- Fast,& Easy to setup
- There is no option of adding new ones.
- Limited integration with the third party.
- There is a free version that contains adds.
- Difficult to the export site.
- There is no free support for the phone.
The prices start at $8.00/month, per month. If the user needs all features available, then needs to pay $49.00/month.
Wix is a cloud-based web development platform. It enables the user to design customizable website templates, themes, and a drag and drop HTML5 website builder.
This platform includes apps, graphics, image galleries, fonts, design, themes and other options.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Wix:
- Provide drag and drop HTML5, and many designs options available
- 24/7 support provided to customers.
- There are over 500 site designs available.
- This platform is free of charge.
- Easy to operate and require no technical skills to use.
- There is a risk to have the site taken down at any instant.
- There is no permission to install new features as it requires pre-authorization settings.
- Altering the design of the site, later on, is not possible.
Pricing The prices for the premium plans and services starts from $5.50/month to $25.50/month.
This is a website building service enables the user to create a nice website by simple drag and drop tools.
Moreover, Square space is an integrated website builder, hosting service, commerce platform, and domain names registrar.
This platform focuses on small businesses and creates their online presence.
Here are some pros and cons
- Simple and easy way to work with startups.
- Professionally designed template.
- Offers for domain SSL/https and e-commerce
- Limited inbuilt features.
- Plan restrains to only 20 pages.
- Limited tools and integration
Price of a personal plan is $16/month or $12/month need to pay for a year in advance. For business plans start from $26\month to $18\month
Joomla is an open source software content management system (CMS), used for developing websites.
Joomla users are able to login to the back-end of their websites to manage the content. It has more complex site development options than WordPress.
It has a self-hosted solution, which means there is a need for a domain name and web hosting to use it.
Here are some pros and cons
- It’s an open-source platform and content management system.
- Joomla platforms allow you to modify & distribute code without worrying about licensing fee;
- This is a powerful and flexible platform, can be used to build any kind of website or blog;
- Allows you to choose from many of templates to customize your site’s design accordingly.
- Customise and add more features because it has extensions available.
- It has a limited to community support,.
- It has no responsibility of Managing your backups, updates, and security.
- It is difficult to incorporate custom design without developer experience.
It has a free trial version. There is need for a domain ( $14.99/year) and hosting ( starts from $7.99/month) to use it. If a user opts for SiteGround, then it gets started for $3.95 per month include a free domain.
Ghost is an open source platform & content management system (CMS) has limited features oriented on posts with blog writing options that are accessible, as a hosted platform, a software that you can install and host.
Pros and cons of Ghost:
- It is free to download and installation
- Ghost site can be used and paid on the basis of traffic.
- Fast working platform.
- It has limited features oriented on posts with blog writing.
The user needs to have a technical knowledge to operate this platform.
The price ranges from $19/month to $100/month, but they provide a free trial version for a specific time
Examples of ghost themes:
Examples of ghost blogs:
Cloudflare is a Content Delivery Network (CDN). In this blogging platform, all requests are reverse proxied all the way through Cloudflare with cached content serve directly from it.
Pros and cons of Cloudflare:
- This platform offers free Domain Name Server (DNS) for members that are powered by an anycast network
- Cloudflare has one of the fastest DNS lookup speeds worldwide.
- This platform has the highest number of connections to Internet exchange points of any network worldwide.
- It’s easy and flexible;
- Cloudflare has a simplified user interface, Limited options are available.
- It lacks plugins.
- It’s in its beta-testing phase;
Hosted version starts from$19/month, custom domains are $14.99/year and web hosting starts from 7.99/month.
12. Live Journal
Live journal is one of the oldest platforms being used. This platform is a blend of blogging and social networking.
It offers own space for the user, and also encourages communal interaction.
LiveJournal Blogging Platform Pros and cons:
- LiveJournal is free to use. The user is able to sign up for a paid version for more
- Availability in several languages.
- Liberty to Blog anonymously on it.
- There are so many features needed for business or professional blogs, LiveJournal blogging platform lack of it.
- It doesn’t consist of any professional templates.
The price can range from $5 to $25 depends on for how long a user chooses to pay is.
We defined a number of best blogging platforms for making money in 2018. Choosing the best blogging platform is essential to make a work-balance.
These platforms direct use for doing best for work. There are many other blogging platforms not discussed here can be used for blogging like Tumblr, Edublogs, Contentful, Jekyll and many more.
Please share it, like this post and subscribe to my YouTube Channel.