How Much the World’s Top Internet Business blogs and websites are Making Online?
Here is my first Top Earning Websites list, includes the websites, who have made their revenue go higher by giving the best products or services to their clients online and using an appropriate marketing strategy.
Regardless of the noteworthy revenue, acquiring a good Alexa Rank and increasing Revenue, few sites I have not listed here because their majority of revenue is by the internet.
Read the below-mentioned information of top earning websites & companies as an inspiration and motivation.
Please use the below-mentioned information as an inspiration and motivation.
It is very easy to think that the figures I have written below are impossible, however, at a certain point of time, the owners and founders of the companies listed also felt in the same manner.
Top-earning website in the world, earning a handsome revenue and good ranking all over the world. Interesting to watch the companies with a good status online, here is the article,
List of World’s Top-Earning Websites
Amazon is an American electronic e-commerce cloud computing company based in Washington. This company owns Amazon Publishing, Gears, Amazon Studio Kindle e-readers, fire TV and e-commerce website many more.
- Website Name: https://www.amazon.in/
- Category: E-Commerce, Publishing, reader, Fire TV and many more.
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Annual Revenue: $177.86 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 74
2. Thomson Reuters
Reuters is an international mass media communicator, headquarters in Canada. Reuters is also providing financial market data. Reuters works on “Value-Neutral Approach “
- Website Name: https://www.thomsonreuters.com/
- Category: Mass Media, Financial marketing data
- Founder: David Thomson, James C Smith
- Annual Revenue: $11.17 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 2265
Facebook is online social media and social networking service company from Menlo Park California. Facebook was launched on 4 February 2004. Facebook can connect people from any country by using their customized profiles. Nowadays Facebook marketing is also used by the entrepreneurs for ads and marketing service of their products.
- Website Name: https://www.facebook.com/
- Category: Social networking service.
- Founder: Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Huges
- Annual Revenue: $40.65 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 3
PayPal Holding Inc is an American company used for online payments. This founded 19 years ago and headquarters are located in Jose California. PayPal is considered as fast and secure medium for online payments.
- Website Name: https://www.paypal.com/in/
- Category: Financial services, Payment Systems, Credit Cards
- Founder: Ken Howery, Luke Nosek, Max Levichin, Peter Thiel, Elon Musk
- Annual Revenue: $13 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 44
Google is one of the conventional search engine used worldwide. It was introduced in 1996 and headquarters are in Menlo Park California. This company leads in the development of the Android mobile app and Google Chrome.
- Website Name: https://www.google.com/
- Category: Internet, software computer hardware.
- Founder: Sunder Pichai, Ruth Porat
- Annual Revenue: $133 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 16.
YouTube LLC is an American video sharing, web hosting provider worldwide. It was introduced in 2005. Headquarters of YouTube is in California. It allows to upload, share, videos, offers Media Corporation and a good source for online marketing.
- Website Name: https://www.youtube.com/
- Category: Video Hosting Service
- Founder: Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim
- Annual Revenue: $15 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 2
JD is Dingdong is a China-based company formerly called 360Buy. Basically deals with B2C online retailers and e-commerce platform. Founded in 1998 and headquarters in Beijing.
- Website Name: http://www.jd.com/
- Category: E-Commerce.
- Founder: Liu Qiangdong
- Annual Revenue: $55.68 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 16
Alibaba is an e-commerce B2B, B2C, retail internet platform based from China. It was founded in the year 1999 and its headquarters is in Zhejiang, China. Area served for their product and services is worldwide.
- Website Name: https://www.alibaba.com/
- Category: E-Commerce, Online action hosting,
- Founder: Jack Ma, Peng Lei
- Annual Revenue: $39.89 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 163
Instagram is a photo, graphics and video-sharing social media networking website owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS.
- Website Name: https://www.instagram.com/
- Category: Social Media
- Founder: Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger
- Annual Revenue: $10.7 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 13
Read More, Your May Interested:
- Instagram Instant profits to earn money by Instagram
- Leverage Social Media Marketing for your Brand
- 18 Best Instagram Marketing Tools To Get Instagram Followers
Twitter is American Online news and networking services used by users to post their tweets (messages) to interact with the audience. Twitter came into a function in March 2006, the Headquarters of Twitter Inc is in California. The company observed initial growth and reached 100 million tweets. Twitter has been the largest source breaking news, with 40 million tweets sent in a day.
- Website Name: https://twitter.com/
- Category: News and Social networking service
- Founder: Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, Evan Williams
- Annual Revenue: $2.44 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 11
Wikipedia is online encyclopedia worldwide. Wikipedia came into functioning in the year 2001 and headquarters is in San Francisco California.
- Website Name: https://en.wikipedia.org
- Category: Online encyclopedia
- Founder: Jimmy Wales, Larry Sanger
- Annual Revenue: $62.9 Million
- Alexa Rank: 5
eBay is an online shopping platform deals with B2C & C2C sales. eBay was founded in the year 1995 as (Auction Web), headquarters are in San Jose California U.S eBay is free to use worldwide. It offers good quality services for its users.
- Website Name: https://www.ebay.com/
- Category: online shopping.
- Founder: Pierre Omidyar, Thomas J Tierney, Devin Wenig
- Annual Revenue: $9.56Billion
- Alexa Rank: 42
Skype allows communicating using video conferencing, voice calls, video call, messaging all over the world. Skype was founded in the year 2003 and its headquarters is in Palo Alto California U.S. Skype can be used by every platform like windows, desktop, Microsoft, Linux.
- Website Name: https://www.skype.com/en/
- Category: Video conferencing, messaging and calling
- Founder: Priit Kesesalu, Jaan Tallin
- Annual Revenue: $1.7 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 416
Yandex is a multinational corporation providing to internet related product services, navigation, mobile application and many more. Yandex was founded in the year 1997 and headquarters are located in Moscow Russia. It serves for few countries.
- Website Name: https://yandex.com/
- Category: Internet Software.
- Founder: Arkady Volozh, Liya Segalovich
- Annual Revenue: $1.6 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 1173
Sohu is an Online Service provider company from China, provide services like advertisements, games, movies, articles shopping and many more. Sohu was founded in the year 2005 and its headquarters are situated in Beijing China. Providing online services, Sohu has become a fast-growing company.
- Website Name: https://www.sohu.com
- Category: Online service provider
- Founder: Charles Zhang, Edward Roberts
- Annual Revenue: $1.87 Billion
- Alexa rank: 15
Reddit is the worldwide platform used for internet, Media, social news and media activities. Posts are organized subjects that are easily readable by the viewers. Reddit was founded in the year 2005 and its headquarters are San Francisco California U.S.A. Reddit is written in Python and translated reddit in 89 languages using reliable platform crowd win.
- Website Name: https://www.reddit.com/
- Category: Social News and Media aggression.
- Founder: Steve Huffman, Aaron Swartz, Alexis Ohanian
- Annual Revenue: $5 Billion
- Alexa rank: 18
Yahoo is World Wide Web portal, Search engine, and other related services. It is one of the most popular sites of U.S. Yahoo came into a function in the year 1994, headquarters is in California U.S.
- Website Name: https://in.yahoo.com/
- Category: Web Portal, news, mail, finance sports
- Founder: Jerry Yang, David Filo
- Annual Revenue: $5.17 Million
- Alexa Rank: 6
LinkedIn is a business employment service, that operates through websites and apps. LinkedIn is founded in the year 2003, its headquarters is in Mountain View California U.S.Its mainly used as a professional networking, including employer posting job, seeking job posting CV and many more.
- Website Name: https://in.linkedin.com/
- Category: Social networking service.
- Founder: Reid Hoffman, Jeff Weiner
- Annual Revenue: $449 Million
- Alexa Rank: 29
Netflix media service provider of, streaming movie series, tv programs, and many more offer services online. This is a subscription-based streaming media services, as a library of TV programs, movie series, and many more. Netflix was introduced in the year 1997, headquarters is located in Los Gatos California, U.S.
- Website Name: https://www.netflix.com/in/
- Category: Streaming media, a movie on demand.
- Founder: Reed Hastings, Marc Randolph
- Annual Revenue: $459.3 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 26
AliExpress is an online shopping site used worldwide. It offers a product for international buyers. AliExpress act as a host to sell to consumers and other businesses. It is a B2B and selling portal. This shopping website was introduced in the year 2010, its headquarters is in Zhejiang China.
- Website Name: https://www.aliexpress.com/
- Category: Online Shopping
- Founder: Daniel Zhang
- Annual Revenue: $373.84 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 44
Quora is a website where questions are answered, edited and organized by user opinions. Quora was found in the year 2010 and its headquarters are in Mount View California U.S. This website gives information about user experiences and opinions
- Website Name: https://hi.quora.com/
- Category: Question & answer site
- Founder: Adam D’Angelo, Kelly Battles
- Annual Revenue: $141.2 Million
- Alexa Rank: 93
Salesforce is a cloud computing software used in sales, service, platforms, marketing, commerce, and community cloud. Salesforce was founded in 1999, headquarters are located in San Francisco California, U.S. Salesforce act as an interface to sakes management, task management and system for automating routing events.
- Website Name: https://www.salesforce.com/in/
- Category: Cloud computing software
- Founder: Marc Benioff
- Annual Revenue: $8.39 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 126
Flipkart is one of the most popular online shopping websites. This site was introduced in the year 2007 and its headquarters is in Bengaluru India. Expanded the sales in apparels, book sales, electronic items, home decor and many more.
- Website Name: https://www.flipkart.com/
- Category: E-Commerce, online shopping.
- Founder: Kalyan Krishnamurthy, Sachin Bansal, Binny Bansal
- Annual Revenue: $2.8 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 156
WordPress is a free and open source management system (CMS) based in PHP & MYSQL. It includes plugins, templates, blogging forums and many more. WordPress 27 may, the year 2003 and its headquarters are located in California, San Francisco U.S.
- Website Name: https://wordpress.com/
- Category: Content management system, blogging software, management framework.
- Founder: Matt Mullenweg, Mike Little
- Annual Revenue: $307.38 Million
- Alexa Rank: 58
Tumblr is a popular micro-blogging website for bloggers and is also a social networking service. Tumblr was founded in the year 2007 and its headquarters are located in New York. It consists of a dashboard, queue, tags and HTML editing for blogging.It has apps so it can be used through phones as well.
- Website Name: https://www.tumblr.com/
- Category: Microblogging, Social Networking Service
- Founder: David Karp
- Annual Revenue: $278.9 Million
- Alexa rank: 55
Microsoft is American Multinational Technology Company. It develops, manufactures, sells, licenses computer software, electronics, personal computers, and related services. Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite & Internet Explorer. Microsoft was introduced in the year 1975 its headquarters are located in Washington.
- Website Name: https://www.microsoft.com
- Category: Windows, Azure, TechNet, Wallet and many more
- Founder: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
- Annual Revenue: $110.3 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 43
Pinterest is web and application used to share images, videos gifs DIY. This is a software that is designed to discover information on different categories worldwide. It includes Catalogue Ideas, DIY, Creative Ideas different from social network enhances your creativity. This software was introduced in the year, 2010 Its headquarters are located in San Francisco California
- Website Name: https://in.pinterest.com/
- Category: Visual Discovery, Collection and storage tool
- Founder: Evan Sharp, Ben Sibermann
- Annual Revenue: $212.23 Million
- Alexa Rank: 76
DropBox helps you keep a backup of data cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and cloud software. Dropbox was introduced in the year 2008, its headquarters are located San Francisco California U.S
- Website Name: https://www.dropbox.com/
- Category: Online Backup Service.
- Founder: Drew Houston, Arash Ferdowsi
- Annual Revenue: $160.23 Million
- Alexa Rank: 99
29. The New York Times
The New York Times is the newspaper, is ranked 17th in the world. It is publically traded and online published too. New York Times was founded in the year 1851 Its headquarters is located in New York.
- Website Name: https://www.nytimes.com/
- Category: Daily Newspaper
- Founder: Henry Jarvis, Raymond George Jones.
- Annual Revenue: $104.7 Million
- Alexa Rank: 115
Apple Inc is an American multinational technology company. This company is developed to sell electronics, computer software, and online services. It includes I Phones, iPods, I Books, iTunes and many other services. Apple was founded in the year 1976 and headquarters located in Apple Park Cupertino California U.S.
- Website Name: https://www.apple.com/
- Category: Apple pay, Apple Store, iTunes, I Books Apple Music many more
- Founder: Steve Jobs, Tim Cook, Jeff Williams
- Annual Revenue: $265.4 Billion
- Alexa Rank: 63
How Did I Calculate the Revenue & Earnings?
For the above listed top earning websites and private company’s revenue calculation, I consider reputed websites such as Forbes, Business Insider, Bloomberg, and Wikipedia.
How Can I Make Money Online?
Every great & top earning website starts with a solid planning & with a great idea. If the idea is good and publishes the quality content, then traffic generates naturally. And money will be the bi-product of your website success.
If you are a serious entrepreneur or a start-up who want to learn more about designing a blog or a website, check out – How to start a Blog Course.
If you are already with your blog and looking for the quality content strategy, check out my Content Marketing Course, where I will share the secrets of how to create highly converting content for your website to get 10,000,000 visitors per month.
Invest in Yourself
The Bottom line is that the Internet business is an extremely dynamic niche. Advances and Innovation in technology will help new entrants can grow speedily.
Check out DrMenkaYuvraj Workshops, to improve yourself and your skills as per today’s market trends. Whether you want to chase your job or looking for career advice or career change, I have workshops for you. Browse our Workshops.
You May be Interested in this also: